Kodi on Roku: There is a vast improvement in the newly developed technology comparing to previous methods. Most of them are aware of using Smartphones. When the users feel bored either they like entertainment apps or adventures games where you can find a plenty of apps to install. To run the entertainment apps it requires a Mobile data or the wireless internet connection on your device. By the internet connectivity, you can watch films, TV shows, Live channels or news and can also listen to music. Before the internet cable boxes are the main source for providing the entertainment to users through the Television. There are hundreds of online streaming services for entertaining purpose available on the internet.
Kodi On Roku – How to Use Kodi on Roku Without Jailbreaking !!
What Is Roku?
One of the best streaming devices is Roku. Through the internet, you can have a bunch of entertainment with this technology. This supports all the streaming applications from Pandora to Netflix which gives you a better quality of music, TV shows, and movies. Roku runs only on its own operating system.
What Is Kodi?
Kodi is a free and open source media player application which can access you to all the entertainment stuff in an illegal way. As this is a flexible operating system which can be installed or run on Android, Windows, iOS and even on Rasberry Pi.
How To Install Kodi On Roku:
Jailbreak of Roku is not a solution for Kodi. In a technical way, you can’t install Kodi on Roku as this is not possible to install. Accessing the Kodi content is not legal in some countries. For the high usage of Kodi, it is recommended to use IPVanish VPN without getting traced. For secure internet connection, this is the best way for users.
For installing the Kodi on Roku you can use features of Roku to get on Kodi TV screen. As the native software of Kodi is C/C++ application but Roku doesn’t support this application. A mirroring software is used to stream a device which supports the Kodi by the mirror device on to Roku to give a good experience. For a iOS device jailbreaking is required to use Kodi.
For, enabling Screen Mirroring on your Roku device follow these simple steps by having a single glance from this article:
- From your Roku’s remote click to press the home button.
- Click to open “Settings”.
- Now find a system from the menu.
- A Screen Mirroring can be seen on your device and click to select it.
- You have to enable the screen mirroring on any Android or Windows device where you use Kodi on Roku.
How To Install Kodi On Roku Using a Windows PC:
To install this process on Windows PC you are required to have Kodi installed on your device with a Roku streaming box.
- Turn on Roku and connect it to your TV.
- Click to press the home button on Roku remote.
- Now check the System version of your PC.
- If you are using below 5.1 version click to upgrade the system.
- If you are using the above 5.1 version on your system follow the next steps to install it on your PC.
- Go to “Screen mirroring” and click to enable by pressing the OK option.
- From your Windows system click on “Add device” option.
- Locate your device settings.
- And now click on “Add device”.
- You may find a list of options which will start reflecting the Roku device and click to select it.
- Now this will turn your Roku screen into a purple color.
- This makes your PC mirrored with Roku.
- Finally, Kodi is compatible with the Windows OS and it allows your system to run.
- While Kodi is running on your system and same will be displayed on Roku device as well.
How To Install Kodi On Roku Using an Android Phone:
- Turn on Roku and connect to it Tv.
- From your Roku remote click on Home button.
- Now check the system version of your Android phone.
- If you are using below 4.4.2 version on your phone click to upgrade and having above 4.4.2 version follow the next steps to install.
- Go to “Screen Mirroring” and click to enable by pressing OK option.
- From your mobile home screen open “Settings”.
- Go to Miracast and click to enable wireless display.
- Finally, you will be able to find the Roku device in the cast screen.
- Now open Kodi application.
The above information that I have mentioned here might be helpful for installing the Kodi on Roku. From here by this article, two streaming devices are compared and the streaming methods. If you have any doubts regarding this issues do comment below.